Bright fluorogenic MemGlow™ probes for cell membranes now available!
Cytoskeleton is proud to announce 5 new bright fluorogenic probes to visualize the cellular plasma membrane. Originally developed as the MemBright™ probes, MemGlow™ probes provide high photostability, exhibit excellent fluorescent quantum yields, and some of them are super-resolution compatible.
MemGlow™ probes are chemically composed of cyanine or BODIPY dyes bearing zwitterionic amphiphilic anchors for enhanced retention in the plasma membrane.
The fluorogenic nature of MemGlow™ probes translates to minimal fluorescent emission until their contact with the plasma membrane elicits integration into the lipid bilayer. This characteristic creates minimal background, bright plasma membrane localization, and a no-wash-required application.
MemGlow™ probes are highly efficient and allow scientists to visualize cellular nanostructures with nanomolar probe concentrations.
Features and advantages of MemGlow™ probes:
- Bright and fluorogenic
- Simple staining protocol and low working concentration
- Compatible with live and fixed cell staining
- Compatible with ex vivo and fixed tissue staining
- MemGlow™ 590 is super-resolution compatible
- Non-toxic probes permit long-term imaging and re-imaging of live cells
- Efficient labeling of filopodia and nanotubes at nanomolar concentrations
- No dye quenching steps required
- Do not alter sample biology
- Utilize cyanine or BODIPY dyes with zwitterionic membrane anchor groups
- Superior to many existing plasma membrane dyes